Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
August 23, 2012
Last day of camp for media
Wednesday marked the last day of fall camp that was open to the media before game week coming up next week.
Here are a few things to take away from Wednesday's practice:
- Travis Feeney was out of the limited jersey and back in action. It looks like he will continue to be utilized at linebacker.
- Linebacker Evan Zeger was limited today due to a sore neck.
- Travis Coons hit 5/6 field goals with Cody Bruns as the holder.
- Wide receiver Kevin Smith was out running routes again today and was looking fast. He is still in a limited jersey, but is potentially progressing out of that.
- Offensive lineman Erik Kohler said that as a line, the veterans are clicking and the new guys are starting to understand the position and offense. He thinks that Ben Riva, Micah Hatchie and James Atoe have all stepped up and been spectacular this fall camp. Riva has been moved around quite a bit, as has Kohler. Kohler has been practicing at right guard, center and tackle, and can probably be expected to be seen playing in any of those positions when he's needed.
- There will be a mock game at CenturyLink Field on Friday afternoon that is closed to the public and media. Head coach Steve Sarkisian said they are hoping to create a comfort level for the new players who haven't played there before.
- Looking at the defense, Sarkisian said he has been impressed and thinks the competitive spirit they showed in spring camp has carried over and they are now executing. He also said the new coaches' knowledge of the defense and the players has increased and that his own comfort level with the defense has increased. Sarkisian said he thinks they are a pretty good offensive football team, and the defense is challenged daily by the offense. The same could probably be said the other way around, too.
HUSKY FANS -- LIMITED TIME OFFER ONLY!
If you want access to the best football, basketball and recruiting coverage of your Washington Huskies then TRY OUR 30 FREE TRIAL. Just enter the promo code "Washington30" under 'Gift Certificates or Promotional Codes'.